Celiac Back To School Workshop
Your kids are going back to school and I know you’re worried about how to keep you celiac kid safe. You’re probably wondering…
- Will my kids be given unsafe snacks in class?
- Will another kid share their food with my kid and make them sick?
- Will my kid be excluded from art projects, science experiments, and other classroom activities?
- Do I have to pack my kid a lunch every day or can the cafeteria safely feed them? How can I even trust the cafeteria?
- What about after-school activities? How will I make sure my kid is properly fueled for sports etc.?
You have all of these questions, you’ve done so much research, and yet, you still worry.
I know you want to keep your kid safe...
Sending your kid to school means letting go of the control you have with their food, and that’s scary. Terrifying even…
I know you want to keep your kid safe and I know it’s exhausting worrying about all of these things. This is why I’m running a Back to School Workshop for parents!
The Celiac Back To School Workshop
I’m not going to tell you this workshop is going to eliminate all of your worries – after all, we’re talking about your kid. Worrying is a part of the job!
HOWEVER, I WILL tell you that this workshop will educate, empower, and equip you with the knowledge and skills you need to help your kid have the best school-year yet!
Celiac Back to School WorkShop Schedule
All times are based on the EST timezone.
The Impact of Celiac Disease on Learning – What to do About it?
Meet and Greet
504 Plans & How to Advocate for Them with Lauren Haugan from @PlayTherapyCreative
Having “THE” Conversation With Teachers
Q&A with Celiac Parents
Planning for Field Trips
Packing a Balanced Gluten-free Lunch vs. Gluten-free School Lunches
Fueling Extracurricular Activities – Sports Dietitian Guest Speaker Kim Pierce
Helping your kids Advocate for Themselves + What to do if Your Child is Glutened at School
Caregiver Celiac Burnout – (Don’t forget to take care of yourself!)
- Final Session
Closed! See you Next Year!
Cost is for attendance for all parents and kids if the kids want to join us.