This Easy Gluten-Free Chocolate Mug Cake is the thing to quickly whip up when you have a craving for chocolate but nothing in sight to quench your craving. Alternatively, it’d make a great gift for your gluten-free friends (see the recipe notes on how to make it as such or check out this blog post!).
It’s decadent, simple, and doesn’t take forever to make. All the things that I need in my recipes because my life is already complicated, I don’t need my food to be too.
As a firm believer of all foods fit, this recipe is perfect for those needing to honor their chocolate cravings. Not only is it quick and easy but this recipe makes 1 perfectly portioned serving. Meaning, it’s just enough to enjoy and satisfy your chocolate craving without falling into the depths of mindlessly eating an entire cake.
On that note, while we are on the topic of mindless eating, I want to encourage you to eat this decadent mug cake mindfully. Something that’s important if we are to truly quench our cravings. Honestly, eating mindfully often can be powerful and help ensure you’re enjoying your food. Not only enjoying it but mindfully eating can help you make sure you aren’t overeating your food either.
It’s a win-win.
Tell your chocolate craving to zip-it by honoring it with this chocolate mug cake, being sure to mindfully eat it for optimum enjoyment.
Easy Gluten-Free Chocolate Mug Cake
- 1/4 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour (or almond flour)
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 tbsp cane sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tiny pinch salt
- 1 tsp coconut oil (or oil of choice)
- 1 large egg
- mix dry ingredients together in a mug (or if gifting, mix inside an 8 oz jar)
- add in wet ingredients (or tie directions for adding in wet ingredients to the outside of jar)
- microwave for 1-2 minutes until fully cooked and a toothpick comes out clean (or write instructions for microwaving on the outside of the jar along with wet ingredients list and directions)
- let the mug cake cool for a few minutes before enjoying