I remember Red Velvet Cake as this rich, decadent, chocolaty dessert. Which is exactly what I tried to capture in this Red Velvet Cake Chia Pudding. It’s got a deep chocolate flavor with a subtle creaminess from the cashew butter and a slight hint of tang from the lemon juice that gives it a rich feel.
Chia pudding is my absolute favorite kind of pudding. It’s packed full of complete plant-based proteins and fiber. Not to mention chia puddings are highly customizable. This Red Velvet Cake Chia Pudding (and any other kind of chia pudding really) makes for a perfect healthy dessert, breakfast, or snack!
I promise you this easy vegan and gluten-free red velvet cake chia pudding will not disappoint. Bonus! It’s easy to make ahead so if you make a larger batch and portion it out, you have breakfast/snacks/dessert in less than 10 minutes for many days of the week. You can’t beat that!
Red Velvet Cake Chia Pudding
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cashew milk
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp cashew butter (or cream cheese if you aren't dairy-free)
- 1 tbsp collagen peptides
- 1 tsp lemon juice (trust me)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp red velvet food dye (I used ColorKitchen)
- Blend on medium/high speed until creamy and well-combined
- Add red velvet mixture to a jar then add in the chia seeds
- Stir well and let sit for 4 hours (or overnight) making sure to mix in between (when ever you remember) to make sure the chia seeds are evenly dispersed through the liquid