My friend Autumn graduated from the Baking and Pastry Arts program at the Columbus State Community College (that’s right, we are both alumni of the amazing CSCC). One day after class last semester she came to me and said: “Tayler, I need to make these …
I love the winter months. They are packed full of warming food that makes us forget about the cold outdoors if not just for a second.
Winter squash is one of the most bountiful foods you can find during the winter months. I love them because they are affordable, tasty, and typically offer multiple servings per squash.
One of my favorite things to do with winter squash is to roast it and throw it in salads. However, sometimes I just want to taste their nutty goodness on their own, like in this dish.
The goat cheese and orange juice add a much needed tang to the dish, while the cranberries and squash bring it home with sweetness. Lastly, the fresh chopped parsley finishes the whole dish by added a much needed touch of freshness. This dish really is packed full of well-rounded flavor.
Comment below what you favorite winter squash is and how you like to prepare it!
Orange Roasted Winter Squash with Cranberries and Goat Cheese
- 1 whole butternut squash (or any other winter squash variety)
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- garlic salt To Taste (TT)
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- Cube butternut squash and place in lined or greased baking dish (I removed the skin, but you can leave it on)
- Massage orange juice into the squash until well mixed
- Bake at 350 degrees fahrenheit or until al dente (around 30-45 minutes)
- Once squash is done, decide whether you want to serve it hot or cold
- If you want to serve warm, mix in goat cheese, cranberries, and parsley now and enjoy!
- If you want to serve cold, let the squash cool, place in fridge, and once you want to enjoy, mix in goat cheese, cranberries, and parsley and enjoy!
These DIY Gluten-Free Cakes in a Jar are perfect to gift to your fellow gluten-free and vegan friends.
These Gluten-Free Cakes in a Jar are the perfect DIY gifts for your friends, here’s why:
They are a perfectly portioned dessert
Now when your friend (or family member) desires something sweet, they don’t have to make an entire batch of cookies (or an entire cake). Instead, they can enjoy this delicious perfectly portioned cake without the temptation of an entire batch of cupcakes…
They can be made in under 5 minutes
Because the can be made so quickly, they make a great quick indulgence. And when I say they take less than 5 minutes to make, I mean you will assemble this in max 5 minutes (but probably 2) and they will cook it within 2 minutes. A win/win.
They show that you know and care about their dietary need
Trust me, this means a lot. Sometimes it can feel like the whole world doubts your dietary needs. Knowing that you understand and will make the effort is honestly the best gift you can give to gluten-free friends. It’s always nice to know we have someone in our corner.
Gluten-Free Cake in a Jar Flavor Options
Easy Gluten-Free Snickerdoodle Mug Cake
A delicious and perfect dessert for the winter. The cinnamon gives it a warming effect and makes the kitchen smell like the holidays.
Easy Gluten-Free Chocolate Mug Cake
Decadent, chocolatey, and perfect for chocolate lovers.
Gluten-Free Birthday Mug Cake
It doesn’t have to be your friend’s birthday to give them this fun flavor. It’s bright, it’s colorful and tasty.
How to Gift a Gluten-Free Cake in a Jar
To gift these bad boys, add only the dry ingredients to jars of your choice (I recommend these 8oz jars).
Make a pretty label with the preparation directions written on the back.
Directions should be written as follows:
◊ Remove the lid
◊ Add in 2 tbsp oil of choice
◊ Pour in 1/4 cup milk of choice
◊ Mix until well combined
◊ Microwave for 1-2 minutes (don’t be alarmed if it starts “jumping” out of the jar, it won’t overflow)
◊ Let it cool for 2-3 minutes (caution, it will be VERY hot)
After creating a label and writing out the directions on the back, tie it on to the jar (bonus points if you use a beautiful ribbon).
Place the cake in a jar(s) in a basket or box (or keep it as is) and gift away.
Comment down below what you’re gifting your gluten-free friends!
Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link.
Want a Christmas indulgence in under 5 minutes? This Easy Gluten-Free Snickerdoodle Mug Cake is your solution. Alternatively, if you’re looking for a delicious edible gluten-free gift to give to your neighborhood celiac (or gluten-free friend), mug cakes are also a great option. Not only …
If there are two things that rule my homemade foodie journey it’s that I like things to be easy and to involve minimal ingredients. I am a woman of simplicity and I like things to be easy. Honestly, healthy food doesn’t have to involve elaborate ingredients and directions to be delicious.
Insert my 5 minute and 5 ingredient Paleo Peppermint Mocha.
Just as I am a sucker for simple yet luxurious foods, I am also a sucker for self-care. What better form of self-care then spending a little time (and I mean little because this recipe really only takes less than 5 minutes to make), to make yourself a decadent coffee to jolt you into your day?
This recipe is paleo so it is ready to serve you and your elimination diet needs. Additionally, this recipe is gluten-free, vegan, and can be easily adapted to be whatever else you need it to be.
I make this simple peppermint latte on mornings where I know I have a long day ahead of me. It’s a gesture of self-love that sets the tone for the rest of my day.
I want to be clear, food is fuel and seeking comfort in food can be dangerous. However, spending a little extra time on what we are putting into our body can help us be more loving and mindful with ourselves. Two very important things involved in any healthy journey.
Start your morning off lovingly with this 5 minute + 5 ingredient Paleo Peppermint Latte!
5 Minute + 5 Ingredient Paleo Peppermint Mocha
- 1 cup fresh brewed coffee
- 1 cup milk of choice (the creamier the better)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (less or more depending on how sweet you want it)
- 1/8 tsp mint extract
- Warm up your milk of choice in a microwave safe mug, cup, or container (please don't burn yourself today)
- While your milk and coffee are still hot, combine them in a mug
- Working quickly, whisk in the cocoa powder into the hot milk and coffee mixture until no clumps of cocoa appear at the top of your drink
- Once well combined, mix in your maple syrup (or sweetener of choice) and mint extract (I use this one).
- Top with whip cream if you feel so inclined and enjoy! (Seriously, don't forget to REALLY enjoy your delicious mocha)