With tons of products on the market, consumers want to feel a connection with the brands they buy from. They want to know more. About 58% social media users follow brands via social media, proof that people are seeking out more than just a grab, swipe, and go relationship. Social media gives you the ability to give them more. It allows you to build relationships and instill loyalty with your customers.
What People Look for From Brands they Follow:
We know that over 50% of people on social media are following brands but now we need to figure out why. If we understand why, we can give them what they are looking for.
Based on a survey conducted by MarketingSherpa, Millennials & adults between the ages of 35-44 years report following brands on social media for:
- Useful or entertaining content
- Access to giveaways and sales
- They see friends/colleagues doing so
- Have direct contact with companies
As someone who is immersed in the gluten-free community, I can tell you that direct contact with companies (especially food brands) is extremely important to this community. Easy and accessible information about your product helps people who are gluten-free make educated and safe decisions for themselves. Social media is a great way to give this to your customers.
Additionally, social media helps people discover gluten-free foods they would have never known about without seeing it in their feed. In fact, it’s been found that 60% of Instagram users discover products on Insta (source).
The exposure, communication, and loyalty that can come from investing in social media (and ultimately your customer) is priceless and will lead to more sales.
Social Media Sells
Investing in social media not only builds a loyal customer base but it also can help with sales. In fact, it’s reported that an average of 28% of users purchases items on social media platforms (with Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram being the top 3 influential social media apps).
Some Social Media Outlet Specific Stats:
- 80% of users follow at least one business – source
- 60% of users discover products on Insta – source
- 70% more likely to buy via mobile – source
- Instagram has 2.2% interaction rate (or higher) – source
- Facebook now influences 52 percent of consumers’ online and off-line purchases – source
- Access to a different age group
- Nearly effortless to tailor content for both Instagram and Facebook
- Creation of “fan groups” and “influencer groups”
Social media has become a marketing necessity for brands. There are so many opportunities for consumers to buy products than ever before making it important for YOU to stand out. Social media will help you do that and more. Start building more meaningful relationships with your customers and increase sales today by consistently posting and maintaining your social media accounts.
Need help? Contact me for social media management services!