This Gluten-Free Restaurant Guide is here to help you feel confident ordering celiac-safe food at restaurants.
Dining out with celiac disease is scary and it is possible to do it safely. I find way too many people with celiac disease being hypervigilant and avoiding restaurants. And I was guilty of this myself too.
When I was first diagnosed with celiac, I did not give myself permission to dine out. I sat at many restaurant tables with family, not eating. Over the years and throughout my nutrition training as a celiac dietitian, I’ve grown to become comfortable dining anywhere.
I want to share that skill and confidence with you. So I’ve poured my heart into this 50+ page dining guide so anyone with celiac can dine out safely too.
This guide will provide the following:
- cross-contact definition and why we should care
- identification of cross-contact points in restaurants so you know high risk points to look out for
- how to screen a restaurant for celiac-safety, including the top questions you should ask when screenings
- questions to ask and generally safe orders for restaurants based on meal type (breakfast, lunch, dinner, etc.) and cuisines (Italian, Mexican, etc.)
- gluten-free restaurant dining card to hand to restaurant staff to make communicating your needs easier
If you’re ready to dine out confidently, this Gluten-Free Restaurant Guide is for you. From strategies, and examples, to practice problems; this guide teaches you everything I wish I’d known when I was diagnosed ~10 years ago. I went through the trial and error so you don’t have to! If you’re ready to make your life easier when dining out with celiac disease, this guide is for you.
After payment, please allow the page to populate the download link or check your email for a download link.