During the holidays, when it seems like everyone has a chocolate in hand, it can be hard to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Not just that, but it can seem like you have an insatiable craving for chocolate.
A craving that just keeps crawling back, no matter how much chocolate you eat
(It’s probably because, like I mentioned earlier, everywhere you look, there’s somebody making chocolate look like it’s the best thing on earth… and it might arguably be… but that’s for another time).
This adaptogenic dark cherry mousse is vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free recipe. It’s also quite possibly could be the solution to your insatiable chocolate craving.
It’s the perfect decadent treat to curb your chocolate cravings and leave you feeling full. Trust me, its rich taste and creamy texture will not disappoint.
Not to mention the cherries add a nice balance to the rich and decadent flavors of the coconut cream and dark chocolate. It’s a perfect balance. Trust me.
Why should you care that it’s adaptogenic? Well adaptogens are powerful plant-based compounds that help the body adapt to stress in a more efficient manner. Why wouldn’t you be trying to get more of them in your diet?
Want to learn more about adaptogens? Click here!
Adaptogenic Dark Chocolate Cherry Mousse
- 3/4 cup cherries (pitted)
- 1 tsp coconut sugar (or sweetner of choice)
- splash of water
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2 cups coconut cream
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1-2 tsp four sigmatic instant coffee powder
- Add pitted cherries to saucepan with 1 tsp coconut sugar and splash of water
- Heat on medium heat until cherries soften
- Set cherries aside and add chocolate chips to a bowl
- Heat coconut cream, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla in the microwave until it starts to bubble slightly (you could also use a pan)
- Pour the warm mixture over the chocolate and let sit to allow the chocolate to melt
- Stir well to combine chocolate and coconut cream mixture. Add in raw cacao and Four Sigmatic Mushroom Coffee
- Now fold in the cherries
- Spoon mixture into serving cups and let them sit in the fridge for around 4 hours to firm up