Colorful Sun Butter Coleslaw
What I love about coleslaw is that it’s the perfect dish to serve at any event. It’s delicious, nourishing, and voluminous. Meaning, whether you’re serving 4 or 8, you can make this recipe stretch.
I personally make a big batch of coleslaw at the beginning of the week as a quick and easy salad to grab and go with.
This falls into making eating healthy the obvious option.
If you bring a delicious salad that you made to a party, you are more likely to eat some of it, thus making a healthy choice.
If you are hungry and open the fridge to see a premade salad in your face, you are more likely to eat it. Especially because the heavy lifting is done for you. The chopping and mixing has been done, all you need to do is serve.
Additionally, coleslaw is arguably even more delicious served on the 2nd day and beyond. Letting the vegetables sit and soak in the flavors of the dressing makes for a tasty dish. This is also why all of the vegetables in this dish are well-known for their crunch. When making a coleslaw, it’s important to use vegetables that aren’t soft (think cucumbers, lettuce, tomatoes) so that you can get and keep that refreshing crunch with every bite.
You will not be disappointed by this recipe. It is perfect for sharing with friends and for meal-prepping for the week.
Comment below what your favorite vegetables to throw in coleslaw are!
Colorful Sun Butter Cole Slaw
- 1/2-1 head cabbage
- 1 bunch celery
- 1 red bell pepper
- 5 carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins or cranberries
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice (or apple cider vinegar)
- 1-2 tbsp italian spice
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor, shred the cabbage and carrots into thick pieces and add to a large bowl. (if you don't have a food processor: 1: get one soon, trust me it's life-changing. 2: You can finely chop the cabbage with a sharp knife and use a food grate to shred the carrots)
- Dice the red bell pepper and celery into small pieces and add to the bowl of carrots and cabbage
- Measure out and add in the raisins or cranberries, and give the bowl of vegetables a good mix
- Now prepare the dressing by adding the dressing ingredients to a bowl and mixing until it becomes "fluffy" and well-combined
- Pour the dressing over the coleslaw and mix in well
- Serve and enjoy now, or let sit in the fridge and enjoy over the next 3-5 days!