What is Adobo?
A Latin-based seasoning, its main purpose is to flavor/marinate meat.
It’s a savory and versatile spice that can be used in a variety of dishes.
I love it for its versatility. I am a huge fan of spice blends that make elevating my dishes easy. When a spice or spice blend is versatile, it makes cooking a delicious meal for your guests that much easier.
How to use Adobo:
On to the fun part, how can you use this spice blend?
Like I mentioned before, Adobo is highly versatile, here is a quick list of easy ways to use this blend:
Use it as a dry rub for your beef, chicken, pork, fish, and seafood dishes!
Use it as a base for soups and stews. It adds tons of flavor without having to dive deep into your spice cabinet
Use it to season your vegetables before roasting!
Spice up those Beans or Rice
Do the rice thing and throw in some adobo into your rice or beans before cooking them. They’ll come out with an unbeatable flavor!
DIY Adobo Spice Blend
- 2 tbsp paprika (use smoked paprika for an added kick of flavor)
- 1.5 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp chile powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Measure out spices accordingly and add to a container
- Place a lid on chosen container of spices and shake well
- Enjoy in your meat, vegetable, rice, bean, and soup dishes!