If there is anything that I miss the most, it’s funfetti birthday cake. Seriously, my gluten-free life has been missing this delicious festive cake!
It’s colorful, it’s sweet, and it just reminds me of my gluten-filled childhood (I was unlucky/lucky enough to be diagnosed late in high school, so I totally know what I am missing out on).
So I made this mug cake. Partially because I think it’d be a fun gift to give if you decided you wanted to gift this quick mug cake mix, but also because, I needed some quick and easy birthday cake. I mean who doesn’t need to be reminded of their childhood every once and while?
This recipe is super simple. It takes less than 5 minutes to whip up and requires only 6 ingredients. Honestly, you have no reason NOT to make this childhood birthday throwback!
Gluten-Free Birthday Mug Cake
- 1/4 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cane sugar
- 2 tsp sprinkles (I like color kitchen foods GF and all natural sprinkles)
- tiny pinch salt
- 3 tbsp milk of choice
- 1/2 tbsp oil of choice (I like coconut or avocado oil)
- Mix dry ingredients in an 8oz jar and close with a tight lid
- Print off instructions for preparing and labels for gifting (check out my post here for some cute printables)
- Gift to your gluten-free friends
- mix oil, (vanilla if you like), and milk in with the dry ingredients until well combined (a whisk while help make a smoother batter)
- Microwave for 1-2 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean
- Let cool for at least 5 minutes (because this cake will be hotter than the sun) and then enjoy!