Sticking to your New Year’s resolutions in 2019 doesn’t have to be hard, in fact, it can be fairly easy if you know what you are doing. Here are my top 5 tips on how to stick your New Year’s resolutions: 1 Patience Our minds …
If there are two things that rule my homemade foodie journey it’s that I like things to be easy and to involve minimal ingredients. I am a woman of simplicity and I like things to be easy. Honestly, healthy food doesn’t have to involve elaborate ingredients and directions to be delicious.
Insert my 5 minute and 5 ingredient Paleo Peppermint Mocha.
Just as I am a sucker for simple yet luxurious foods, I am also a sucker for self-care. What better form of self-care then spending a little time (and I mean little because this recipe really only takes less than 5 minutes to make), to make yourself a decadent coffee to jolt you into your day?
This recipe is paleo so it is ready to serve you and your elimination diet needs. Additionally, this recipe is gluten-free, vegan, and can be easily adapted to be whatever else you need it to be.
I make this simple peppermint latte on mornings where I know I have a long day ahead of me. It’s a gesture of self-love that sets the tone for the rest of my day.
I want to be clear, food is fuel and seeking comfort in food can be dangerous. However, spending a little extra time on what we are putting into our body can help us be more loving and mindful with ourselves. Two very important things involved in any healthy journey.
Start your morning off lovingly with this 5 minute + 5 ingredient Paleo Peppermint Latte!
5 Minute + 5 Ingredient Paleo Peppermint Mocha
- 1 cup fresh brewed coffee
- 1 cup milk of choice (the creamier the better)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (less or more depending on how sweet you want it)
- 1/8 tsp mint extract
- Warm up your milk of choice in a microwave safe mug, cup, or container (please don't burn yourself today)
- While your milk and coffee are still hot, combine them in a mug
- Working quickly, whisk in the cocoa powder into the hot milk and coffee mixture until no clumps of cocoa appear at the top of your drink
- Once well combined, mix in your maple syrup (or sweetener of choice) and mint extract (I use this one).
- Top with whip cream if you feel so inclined and enjoy! (Seriously, don't forget to REALLY enjoy your delicious mocha)