Air Fryer Carrot Fries
I got an air fryer this summer and have used it to make dinner pretty much every night of the week since. My favorite thing to make in my air fryer is fries (duh, right?). Insert these easy air fryer carrot fries. They are crispy, full of flavor, and super easy to make.
Why Carrot Fries?
In case you care, I was inspired to make carrot fries because I wanted fries but I was out of potatoes (insert dramatic gasp here). What was a fry-loving girl to do?
So I was out of potatoes and decided to get creative. If you know me, you know that I always have a large bag of carrots in my fridge because I give them to my dog as a treat. Being the terrible dog mom I am, I decided to dip into my innocent puppies stash of carrots to make these air fryer carrot fries.
And that my friends, is how this easy air fryer carrot fry recipe came to me. I’m not proud and some times we have to do what we have to do to honor our fry cravings (am I right?).
Ways to Enjoy Air-Fryer Carrot Fries
While the obvious option is to enjoy these air fryer carrot fries on their own, I’ve also come up with some other creative ways to enjoy them!
- Dip them in hummus, they’d be especially delicious dipped in my protein hummus or beet hummus.
- Enjoy them with guacamole
- Serve them alongside a juicy burger (on a gluten-free bun of course)
Why I love my Air Fryer
- Good for gluten-free cooking
- Makes “frying” food easier
- Easier to figure out than the instant pot
- Feels safer to use than an instant pot (is anyone else terrified of burning themselves from steam with the instant pot?)
- Pretty much anything I cook in it comes out delicious
- Perfectly crispy fries are just a few minutes away (with a guarantee of ZERO cross-contact).
I have this air fryer which isn’t like most air-fryers in that it has two fryer racks and a rotisserie option! My mother and my sister both have the traditional air fryers that have a basket you pull out. They too have nothing but great things to say about their fryers.
- Air fryer
- 1 lb whole carrots
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or another high temp oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and peel your carrots and pat them dry
- Cut carrots in to "fries" (about 1/2 inch thick sticks), try to keep your fries as uniform as possible but don't stress too much over it
- Combine your carrot sticks with oil, and salt + pepper in a large bowl and mix until the carrot sticks are evenly coated
- Place coated carrot sticks in your air fryer basket in an even layer.
- Air "fry" your carrots for 7 minutes and then toss them using tongs
- Air "fry" for another 7 minutes (or until they are as crispy as you want them)