BBQ Marinated Chickpeas (gluten-free + plant-based)
You’ve heard of roasted chickpeas, raw chickpeas, and now I’m bringing your marinated chickpeas. Now you’re probably wondering, Tayler, why on earth would I want to marinate my chickpeas. You know why? Because they are absolutely delicious and they are versatile.
How to use BBQ Marinated Chickpeas
- Eat them as is after marinating them. Trust me, they are that good.
- Serve them as a side at dinner
- Roast them for an even stronger and tastier snack
- Add them to your salad
- 1 16oz can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add rinsed and drained canned chickpeas to an air-tight container
- In a bowl combine the balsamic vinegar, molasses, garlic powder, chopped cilantro, and salt & pepper
- Whisk until well combined
- Pour the mixture over the chickpeas and cover
- Let the chickpeas marinate for 1-2 hours and enjoy!