Cucumber Noodle Salad with Salmon and Chickpeas
One of the biggest complaints I see on gluten-free forums is that people are tired of only having salads are gluten-free options at restaurants and I get it. When I go out to eat, I do not want a salad. I’m not engaging in “risky” behavior for a salad. At home however, I am a salad queen. I am always throwing together vegetables and chowing down. My newest favorite salad to make? This Cucumber Noodle Salad with Salmon and Chickpeas.
Why do I love it? Well for one, if you haven’t tried cucumber noodles, you’re missing out. Additionally, the chickpeas and salmon add contrasting texture and flavors that really help pull this ensemble together. Lastly, if you choose to make the very simple tahini dressing to top it all off, well let’s just say, this salad is about to be a favorite in your salad rotation!
If you want a nutrient dense and delicious salad, this Cucumber Noodle Salad with Salmon and Chickpeas is for you. It’s rich in calcium, iron, protein, omega-3s, and so much more.
For the Salad
For the Salad
- Remove wrapping around the cucumber and rinse well
- Using a potato peeler, peel the cucumber( to get cucumber noodles) until you can’t anymore (I usually stop when I get close to the center on all sides)
- Add the cucumber noodles to a large bowl
- One you peel all the cucumbers, slice the leftover centers of the cucumber and add in to the bowl too (waste not, want not!)
- Halve an avocado and remove the pit
- Cut the avocado into slices (with out the peel) and add to the bowl as well
- Add in 1/2 a can of rinsed chickpeas and 1/2 a can of canned salmon (with the bones)
For the Dressing
- In a small bowl add in the tahini, vinegar, salt, pepper (and other seasonings of choice)
- Mix well until the dressing is well-combined and fluffy (you might need to add more tahini)
- Pour into your salad bowl and mix well