Gluten-Free Air Fryer Falafel
This gluten-free air fryer falafel recipe is easy and absolutely delicious. Not to mention this falafel recipe is vegan and grain-free.
Why I love my Air Fryer
I invested in an air fryer this year and I’ve fallen in love with it. I probably use it to cook dinner at least 3 times a week. Why do I love it?
- It’s easy to use
- Food cooks quickly in it
- Homemade fries (like need I say more?)
- Everything comes out pretty much perfect
- I can FINALLY “fry” things (I’ve never been able to do the whole frying things in oil)
If you’re on the market for an air fryer, this one is a lot like the one I have. I really like that you have the option of cooking chicken rotisserie-style – but I can’t say I’ve tried it yet.
Why I love Falafel
I’ve always loved Mediterranean food. Hummus and vegetables? Yes, please. Falafel and yogurt dip? Is it my birthday?
In all seriousness, falafel is a fun and flavorful plant-based protein option. There is something about it that is just so good to me. Now that I have an air-fryer, I can have true homemade and gluten-free falafel whenever I like! Yay me!
How to Enjoy Falafel
I personally LOVE enjoying my falafel dipped in hummus or on rice bowls. It’s also delicious in salads and wraps. Or if you’re not vegan, keep things super simple and just dip your falafel in sour cream.
Gluten-free Air-fryer Falafel
- 1 cup canned chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup cilantro (fresh)
- 1/2 onion
- 1 tbsp buckwheat flour
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp powdered cayenne pepper
- Add all ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth and doughy
- Roll the falafel dough into small balls
- Place the falafel balls onto the air fryer rack (making sure to keep only 1 layer, if you can't fit all of the balls onto the air fryer rack, you'll need to air fry them in a separate batch)
- Air fry the falafel balls at 380F for 15 minutes until crispy
- Enjoy immediately
Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link.