Pickled Celery Recipe
If you know me, you know that I adore pickled foods. I also absolutely love spicy things (hence I douse my food with disgusting amounts of salsa) and I love vinegar (hence I ran my own production company). I mean I love vinegar so much that sometimes I even just drink it straight. I don’t even dilute it by making it into a cocktail (I guess I’m just not that hipster), I just chug it. So you can see why I would also LOVE anything pickled. If you are anything like me and even remotely love pickled foods, this pickled celery will change your life (I’m serious). It makes for an amazing addition to salads or a healthy, delicious and low-calorie snack. I must warn you though, some people think this delicious snack’s strong smell is offensive so keep that in mind before pulling this bag out in a tight enclosed shared office space. If there’s anything that I hate more about recipe posts, it’s when the writers go into this long tangent that requires you to scroll and scroll until you actually get to the recipe so let’s cut this short and just jump straight into it!
- 1 Bunch of Celery
- Apple Cider Vinegar (I used raw apple cider vinegar because probiotics are amazing)
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- A pinch of salt
You can use lemon juice instead of vinegar if you want a sweeter more tangy flavor.
- Chop the celery into snack sized sticks
- Mince (or finely slice if you’re lazy like me) the garlic.
- Put the chopped celery, prepared garlic and a pinch of salt into a container, preferably glass but I’ve used ziplock bags before with no problems (hey, sometimes you got to do what you’ve got to do).
- Pour in enough vinegar (or lemon juice) to cover the celery and close the container.
- Let the celery sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours (but no more than 12 or else you risk compromising the crunchiness of the celery) before draining the vinegar and enjoying this delicious snack.
Let me know if you try out this recipe and I hope you enjoyed it!