Nightshade-Free Creamy Pumpkin Pasta Sauce
Not only is this Creamy Pumpkin Pasta Sauce nightshade-free, but it’s gluten-free, paleo, and vegan. That’s right, it’s friendly to most specific diets! (Check out my blog post on why you might need to be gluten-free AND nightshade-free)
Made in under 10 minutes (if you exclude the time you spend waiting for the cashews to soak) this recipe is perfect to whip up when you’re in a pinch.
About this Pumpkin Pasta Sauce
Staying on point though, this Creamy Pumpkin Pasta Sauce makes a great nightshade-free alternative to your typical pasta sauce. Most pasta sauces are made from tomatoes; a famous vegetable of the nightshade family. This pasta sauce however, is made from cashews and pumpkins and thus, is delicious and nightshade free.
What makes this Creamy Pumpkin Pasta Sauce so delicious and creamy are the nightshade-free spices and the soaked cashews. The spices give it punch of flavor while the cashews give it a mildly cheesy taste and creamy texture.
about The Pumpkin Pasta Sauce ingredients
This recipe relies heavily on the pumpkin puree and cashews to carry it. The pumpkin adds a nice sweet flavor while the cashews add a nice nutty and creamy flavor.
If you’re not a fan of cashews, swapping them for 1/2 cup of coconut milk will work just fine.
How to enjoy this recipe
Nightshade Free Creamy Pumpkin Pasta Sauce
- 1 can 100% pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup boiling hot water
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried cilantro
- 1 tsp salt (or salt to taste)
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Bring 1/2 cup water to a boil
- Remove water from heat and soak 1/2 cup cashews in the boiling hot water for 10-15 minutes
- After soaking the cashews, add them to a food proccesor along with the spices and pumpkin puree
- process the ingredients until a smooth creamy consistency is formed (about 2 minutes depending)
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 7 days
- Prepare pasta of choice as directed, rinse and drain the pasta, and then warm up the pasta and sauce together in a pot